Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I despise details.

I can't believe I am thinking that title, me the queen of detail and all kinds of party planning nonsense.  yet that's where I am right now.  I'm ready for the details to be done and over with.  I'm almost worried I can't enjoy it anymore now that these little things that gave me so much joy to plan and create and obsess over are now just another thing to worry about!  But I'm not finally doing a post just to complain when there is plenty more obsessing to do over wedding details =)
First of which: my jewelry.  You may recall me finally saying screw it with the necklace and finding something nice, but then I realized it was me talking and changed my mind.  Cause thats how I roll.  And I found these bad boys:
Love them!  So honest opinions~ do you think these would look ok with my dress?  I still get the bling earring factor I love, but with a simple necklace and matching bracelet for some extra sparkle (minus the grown up pearls I can't seem to pull off).  I really hope this matches cause I don't really have much time to find anything else!




Next on the list~ update on projects-
Felt pomanders are done~ I finished 24, so we'll have one on every other pew.  And anyone who doesn't like it can just make sure to not mention it to me cause its too late to change my mind~ I am done, done, and done with those!

Programs~ this was a project I ended up passing on in favor of my sanity (I know, loose thread already), so I found an awesome seller on etsy (my wedding savior, or nemesis to Sean) who is custom making me these bad boys:
Obviously, this will have our names on the front, but you get the idea.  Love them even more cause all I had to do was type up the info and she formatted it and will print it all out for me at a very reasonable price (at least I think my sanity is worth much more than she charges!) =)  I only got 150 so some people just won't all get one~ once again boo hoo and go away if you don't like it~ 
And no I'm not getting irritable before the wedding, why do you ask?

One very special project that I've been trying to figure out for some time is how to incorporate Nico into the ceremony.  First I wasn't even sure if the church would let us do anything, then I had to figure out what we wanted and what Nico would even do! Once again, etsy my love to the rescue:

It's called a family union medallion (and will be on a thicker more boyish chain by the way).  It has 3 rings melded together to make a pendant and what will happen is after we do the ring exchange and our vows, Father will call Nico up and Sean will recite a short thing to Nico (Sean only cause I wouldn't be able to get through it without crying) and then Father will bless the necklace just like our rings and then we both put it on Nico.  Sounds kinda cheesy but I know I will lose it then, so girls I will need tissues for sure at this point...

Two quick more things before I leave, one happy and one not so much:
First, the bad, which includes the bad, the ugly, and the hated:  I wish guest lists and RSVPs and seating charts would go away and never come back- They better hope they never meet me in a dark alley cause they will not make it out in one piece, and I hope I never have to worry about anything like this again.  Ever.  This alone made me wish more than anything else so far that we had up and gone to Vegas.  Vegas doesn't worry about seating charts and RSVPS and people changing their mind on how many people in their family is coming.  Seriously, IF you really have to change the amount of people coming, there is NO need to change it more than once.  Or twice.  Or at all.  Cause at this point, you're lucky you have a seat and a meal.  Yep I just went there.  
Ok, now for the good~ my sisters threw a super fun bachelorette party and we got some cute pics (courtesy of Lindsey): 

Who can top that?  

14 comments:

  1. love the earings! Have been to a wedding where a similar thing to Nico's necklace was done & I think thats an awesome idea. Sat. heard you mention something about an itinerary....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I regularly visit your blog.
    Your story makes me fun and I can't wait the next update!
    I'll write soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a very interesting topic that you never hear about anymore. Or you do but people are hesitant to really dive into the core fabric of it and be upfront in detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You completed various fine points there. I did a search on the matter and found the majority of folks will consent with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i saw ur blog and its interesting if u want to visit my blog

    http://dinerogratisonline2011.blogspot.com/

    http://reeg04.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toronto is a diverse and vibrant cosmopolitan of the world. It has throngs of tourists visiting because of its unique culture, architecture, festivals and the entertainment it offers. Book your Toronto Flights with Crystal Travel and enjoy your holiday in this vibrant city.
    Cheap Flights Tickets | Cheap Flights to Miami | Los Angeles Flights

    ReplyDelete
  7. The content was good..And the post is well written..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hanging on every word... You describe extremely well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has throngs of tourists visiting because of its unique culture, architecture, festivals and the entertainment it offers. Book your Toronto Flights with Crystal Travel and enjoy your holiday in this vibrant city.
    Check here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent blog, and this article is just excellent too seo web

    ReplyDelete
  11. IF you really have to change the amount of people coming, there is NO need to change it more than once. Or twice. Or at all. Cause at this point, you're lucky you have a seat and a meal. Yep I just went there.
    mmokaufen
    World of Warcraft Gold

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is meaningful information. Thank for your posting. I hope to see more than that.iron sight firearms

    ReplyDelete
  13. T5 and T8 Lighting. This is definitely a blog that people need to get behind. The problem is, no one wants to do a great deal of reading and not have something else to stimulate the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Foods is very important thing in our life. We need healthy and testy Food very much. You know Chinese Food is very testy to take. But also Bengali Food & Indian Food is really good. Bengali Food& Indian Foodis like to similar. Another Food have like that Italian Food, Japanese Food, Greek Food, Spanish Food Mexican Food
    Thai Food is also very testy. You can get here Whole Food Recipes in this site.

    Whole Food Recipes

    Mongolian Beef Recipe

    ReplyDelete